Passphrase Security Basics
- Write down the passphrase you want to use before entering it in your device.
- Use a combination of words as a passphrase to have less trouble remembering it.
- Use at least 12 characters in your passphrase, 24 characters offer more security.
- If someone has access to your seed phrase, the passphrase will prevent them from taking your bitcoins.
- Create a unique passphrase that nobody can guess but that you can remember.
- If you lose the passphrase, you lose access to your bitcoins forever (if you also lose access to your device).
- You cannot change your passphrase. You can only create a new one, which in turn will generate a new wallet.
- The passphrase is required to recover your access to your bitcoins if your device is damaged, lost or stolen.