Wallet & Backup Creation - 2 of 2
You have to create a backup and hide it and make sure you don’t store it at the same place where you keep your passphrase.
- 1.Get a pen and a piece of paper.
- 2.Click on
Create. You will be provided with 12 words. Note them down with pen and paper.
- 3.Take your time and write them down correctly. Make sure that the words are easily readable and in the correct order.
- 4.Write down the number in front of each word, to make sure you know what the correct order is.
- 5.Triple check to make sure.
- 6.Triple check to make sure.
- 7.Triple check to make sure.
- 8.Find a secure way to store it. Get creative!
- You can do two backups and store them in different places.
Example of a 24-word backup.
The next step will consist in protecting this backup by using a passphrase.