Why we recommend Wasabi Wallet
Wasabi is an open-source, Bitcoin-only wallet for Desktop. It is privacy-focused, and offers some of the highest security standards. It is easy to use once you overcome a small learning curve. It is fully non-custodial and access to funds can never be restricted. It has a large community of users and the development team is transparent and reputable. Many advanced features are also available. Although the wallet primarily targets end users, the wallet account management interface makes it a good choice for small business owners.
- ✅Good security with passphrase
- ✅Easy backup and recovery
- ✅Highest privacy available
- ✅Advanced transaction features
- ✅Acceptable as a long-term solution
- ✅Compatible with hardware wallets
- ✅Reputable and renown
- ✅Setup time: 45 minutes
- ❌Not available on mobile
- ❌Less secure than hardware wallet
This is the ideal wallet for those wanting to get set up quickly and securely on their desktop computer (Mac, Windows and Linux).
- Buying Bitcoin from a non-custodial exchange.
- Ability to transact with Bitcoin on a laptop (funding exchanges, making payments).
- Storing Bitcoin with backups for long-term before upgrading to a hardware wallet.
- Managing different wallets for different purposes.