How can you lose your Bitcoin?
Although Wasabi Wallet is on your computer, the risks of losing funds by getting hacked are very low, unless you are specifically targeted by a highly skilled attacker. The most common causes of people losing their bitcoin are the following:
- Someone finds your backup and password.
- This is even easier if you store them together. This person is often someone in your close surroundings.
- You leave your computer open and someone has access to your password.
- You forget your password.
- Your computer stops working or you lose it and you are missing either your backup or your password.
- You brag about your holdings and someone attempts to take them from you through coercive means.